Monday, October 18, 2010
Celebrate Vallejo - Hawaiian Style!
You can help make this event a great success:
• Donate items for our live and silent auctions. Ideas for auction items include: time-share vacations, weekends or overnights at vacation homes, services you or your company can provide, an outing on your boat, gift certificates, antiques, gift baskets, etc. The sky's the limit . . . use your imagination!
• Purchase tickets for the event. Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the door.
• Encourage your business or organization to become an Official Sponsor. Your $400 sponsorship gives you:
- A table for 8
- Table signage for your business or organization
- Listing in the Celebrate Vallejo program.
- Special recognition during the event
The goal of Celebrate Vallejo – Hawaiian Style is to raise much needed operational funds so we can continue to develop programs at the Museum and to reach out to build awareness of our unique community. Vallejo and Mare Island, by the way, have many interesting historical ties to Hawaii. In December 1874, Hawaiian King Kalakalua visited Mare Island while on his way to Washington D.C. for a meeting with President Ulysses S. Grant. Later, in 1965, Mare Island launched the USS Kamehameha, one of seventeen nuclear submarines built at the Shipyard. Please join us on Friday, November 5th to share the fun, Hawaiian style!